No one would deny the fact that chicken is one of the biggest priorities of non-vegetarian food lovers and grill is the commonest favorite equipment when it comes to encompassing a recipe in flavor. Pesto is what makes food whole. The combination of three is scrumptious to the highest level. Here, we would discuss a recipe that seeks to combine immaculately the respective essences of all the three things mentioned above. We would look into the various nuances of cooking Chicken Pesto Panini. Without pouring in many words, let us look into the recipe. Here is what it is.
- The time required and other details
The recipe includes chicken and so is pretty less time-consuming. It would be ready in a total time of approx 48 minutes and in a preparation time of 20 minutes. The reap would yield a serving for four people. The procedure of cooking is fairly easy and can be called a job well done after you have just finished it.
- The ingredients required
There sure is a bunch of things you may need to prepare your kitchen shelf with to pull off this recipe. And, that bunch of things is:
- 16 ounces of rinsed chicken tenders, patted dry
- 15 basil leaves, fresh
- Two sliced tomatoes
- A cup full of spinach, rinse it and pat it dry
- Four slices of mozzarella
- A 16-ounce weighing loaf of ciabatta bread, cleaved in half
- Half a cup of mayonnaise
- Half a cup of pesto, prepared
Once you have these items carefully collected on your shelf along with your favorite indoor grill, you may look to proceed further with the recipe.
- The procedure of cooking
(^ A simple and absolute mouth watering video from Nordic Food & Living.
The process is considered fairly easy and involves just a little bit of care on the indoor grill. Try to stick to the following steps to cook almost a perfect Chicken Pesto Panini:
- Mix your chicken tenders with a quarter cup of pesto and set it aside in a bag of plastic for about 15 minutes.
- Grab a little bowl and in it, mix mayonnaise and a quarter cup full of pesto. Use this mixture as a spread on the two sides of ciabatta and keep it aside.
- Fire up your grill on a medium high flame. Oil the grates.
- In a pan, place chicken tenders and carry on grilling for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Now take it off the grill and allow rest for about 15 minutes.
- Now lower down the heat to a medium flame and use some oil to grease the grill pan.
- Chuck cheese on the loaves of bread. Add layers of tomato, basil leaves and pesto chicken, one over the other.
- Cover this with the other half of the bread.
- Transfer this to your grill pan and put some weight on the sandwich.
- Continue to grill for about 3 minutes. By this time, the cheese would start to melt.
- Divide four portions of this and serve on the platter.
Hence, your chicken pesto Panini would be ready.
Now do not waste much time. Just get to Cookin!