You cannot hide how much you love chicken. It is nutritious and flavorful at the same time, besides being the most basic meat. It is packed with protein, and there is no fear of extra fat being attached to it. Its flavor can be significantly enhanced with the process of grilling and can be given a quantum tweak with basil pesto. When we combine all the above, the end product of their marriage is heavenly. Without many further wordings, let us gain an insight into what it takes to bring a metaphorical sweetness to your regular chicken. Here it is.
- The time required and other details
Chicken is not a time-consuming recipe when it comes to grilling meat and can be pulled off without fancying much. There is no need to dedicate a lot of time to it since it would be ready in a total time of an hour and six minutes. Out of this, you have to be active for 20 minutes. This recipe falls into the category of easy and is churned out to serve six people.
- The ingredients required
There are but a few things that must be kept at hand to wrap this recipe up. Those things are:
- Three chicken thighs, skin-on, and bone-in
- Three chicken breasts, skin-on, and bone-in
- A teaspoon of lemon zest (video)
- A large clove of garlic
- A cup full of basil leaves, fresh and lightly packed
- A teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
- One and a half teaspoons of salt
- 1 and a half teaspoons of coarsely crushed fennel seeds
- Three tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh(keep aside a quarter cup extra)
- 2/3rd cup full of olive oil
When these items are on your shelf, you may look to proceed with the recipe further.
- The procedure of cooking
This process is going to be fairly easy. You just need to try and stick to the steps that follow:
- Whisk together half a teaspoon pepper, 3/4th teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, three tablespoons lemon juice and a 1/3rd cup full of olive oil and place in a plastic bag that is resealable.
- To this bag, add your chicken and seal it off. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes(longer the better). You may even turn the chicken at occasions.
- While the marinade is being chilled, blend the remnant olive oil, half teaspoon pepper, ¾ teaspoon salt, a quarter cup full of lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and basil.
- Use more of pepper and salt to season this basil pesto.
- Fire up your electric powered indoor grill on medium high flame. Transfer your chicken from the marinade, on to the grill. Discard rest of the marinade.
- Give about 8 minutes to each side of the chicken or continue to grill until it appears cooked through.
- Chuck, this chicken on your serving.
- Pour some basil pesto over it and serve.
So would your Grilled Chicken with Basil Pesto be ready?
Now do not just stare at this recipe, get up and get going!