You cannot simply say that you do not like seafood. In fact, seafood is known as an essential source of vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 rich acids; not to mention, they are replete with protein. Besides, the flavor is exquisite. Looking at shrimps, you could smirk and mull over the same aspects all day. In this recipe, we look to combine the tender shrimp with some flavor rich lemongrass. There would a succulent marinade and an awesome articulation of grill. The end product would be skewered beautifully and would mesmerize your taste buds. Let us not tease the appetite much and jump over to the recipe.
- The time required and other details
Shrimp would not really bother you with much on the cooking time front. It is pretty easy to make and would easily serve 4 people in a total time of 40 minutes. You would have to spend a total of 10 minutes to prepare the recipe before transferring it on to your indoor grill. Rest assured, the end product would live up to your imagination.
- The required ingredients
There is a little list you would have to work upon before you start off with the process of grilling. Here is that list:
- 24 large shrimps, should be peeled properly and deveined (making about 1 and a half pounds)
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped and fresh
- A medium sized orange, sliced
- Half a teaspoon of kosher salt
- 8 lemongrass stalks, thin and almost 8 inches long
- A teaspoon of chopped lemongrass
- A teaspoon of garlic, chopped
- A tablespoon of soy sauce
- A tablespoon of orange juice, fresh
- A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
When you are ready with all these items, you would find yourself all set to get your hands on the electric indoor grill and go on to make some great Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers.
- The procedure of cooking
This process involves nothing more than a little care. Apart from that, it is a fairly easy recipe to pull off at the comfort of your home. Try to stick to the steps that follow in order to have a delicacy on your platter.
- Fire up your grill and place a rack about 3 inches above the flame.
- Bring together chopped lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, oil and Siracha in a huge bowl.
- To this, add shrimps and mix well.
- Cover it up and allow chill for about 30 minutes.
- Tie the 3 shrimps on one lemongrass stalk.
- Use some salt to season with salt.
- Place these on a baking sheet lined with foil; orange slices too on it.
- Grill the contents, turning them over occasionally. Continue the process until shrimps appear pink and properly cooked through. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Hence, this would bring an end to the recipe.
Do not rest more on the couch and binge read on recipes, rather consider binge eating them. Go, get it done!